Church of Ireland Saint Mary's Church of Ireland was built in 1824 in a scenic location overlooking the Owenabue Estuary. Designed by George and James Pain the building was to serve parishioners as part of the Carrigalne Union of Parishes. Over it's lifetime the building has held congregations of up to 300 persons. St. Mary's was re-furbished in 1992 when a rectory was also built in grounds beside the church to replace the old rectory on the Cork Road. For current sunday service times see Life & People Section.link .